-->

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A READER NEEDS YOUR HELP

I'm passing on this letter posted on Green Earth Journey because I think it's something simple that we can all do to help!

---------------

"By the accident of fortune a man may rule the world for a time,
but by virtue of love and kindness he may rule the world forever." - Lao Tse
Not too long ago a dear friend of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and,
without health insurance, is having a tough time receiving treatment since
she cannot afford her payments. her husband runs his own company and she has never
really been able to hold a full time job because, in addition to her recent cancer discovery, she also suffers from a disease called Crohn's disease (see: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/crohns/#cause).
She works with her husband whenever she can to bring in money but the disease can be
quite crippling at times. They also have one daughter in college and a son graduating
from high school this year and with the economy the way that it is times are
very tough for them.

Right now she is paying out of pockets for all of her treatment which means that
she can only schedule appointments when she has the cash to pay up front at the
clinic. To respect her privacy I am not going to disclose any more but I want to be able to help them any way that I can.

She has always been a fan of my two shops so it is difficult to truly publicize
any big fundraiser without her finding out. I am reaching out to some of my
online friends hoping that her story will touch them in some way. As part of this fundraiser I am selling three things:
1. For $5 you can purchase a custom sized hemp bracelet with beads.
2. For $10 you can purchase a custom sized hemp necklace with beads.
3. for $15 you can purchase a custom sized hemp necklace with a charm and beads.
Just like this fundraiser what you receive in the end is a surprise! So in the end not only does my friend receive a nice surprise from a stranger but you will receive one as well. Feel free to check out my shops for the quality of my work.

I know that these are tough times for some people but as a token of your appreciate
I will throw in some free goods from my shop as well to say thank you for helping me out with this cause. I am hoping to have a few hundred dollars saved up to send to her by the holiday season. Right now I am only up to $70, most of which is coming from people I work with helping me out.

The purchases are being done through etsy.com in my shop www.oniondip.etsy.com. You will see three links that says FUNDRASIER etc... If you are trying to purchase one of these fundraiser items and by chance the link is not up there it simply means that someone has just purchased it. Please send me a convo right away on etsy and I will certainly relist it ASAP.

Thank you again for taking the time to read this and thank you for those who intend to support me on this.

If you feel that you need more information please contact me privately on my myspace account or facebook account and I will give you as much information as I can without my friend finding out about her surprise. My MySpace accounts are www.myspace.com/zapoldesigns and www.myspace.com/oniondipshop.
My facebook fan page for my shop is simply ZAPOLdesigns.

-------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment