-->

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Wonderful World of Blogging

I'm fairly new to blogging. I've been reading blogs for a couple of years now, but just within the last year, started my own blog. I just wanted a place to voice my opinion. To vent. To say all the things I may not be able to say in the real world. Blogs give me a place to be who I want to be, with no one judging me (to my face anyway! lol).

Over the years, I've come across some fun, interesting, thoughtful, moving blogs. I've gained so much insight into the world of others, and how they live. I am a stay at home mom and sometimes it's a struggle to get through another day of changing diapers, washing dishes, and endless loads of laundry. The blog world has made it possible for me to LIVE a life filled with new friends, without ever having to leave the comfort of my Lazy-Boy and laptop. When my kids go to bed, I'm able to "get out of the house", and still be there for them when they need me.

I was recently sent a book in the mail. It was from a blogger who just enjoyed my company on her site. It was a simple gift, but one of the most thoughtful ones I've ever received. She didn't have to do it. She didn't feel obligated. She just wanted me to know that she appreciates me. That is a 'warm fuzzy' if I ever saw one! Thank you to that blogger for making my day. It just goes to show you, it's the simplest things that matter.

I just wanted to write this short post, to let all of the bloggers out there know, that I appreciate you. I love reading what you have to say, good and bad. I love being able to be there to make a simple comment that may make you smile. And I love getting them back. The hard times are hard. But the good times are GREAT!

Thank you, blog world, for introducing me to a group of irreplaceable people I would've never met if it weren't for my high speed internet connection!

So please take a moment and check out my HUGE list of bloggers I've visited. You will not be disappointed!

3 comments:

  1. Now isn't that the truth! I had no idea this world existed before last winter...now it is my life line! I love all your visits as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! Thanks for coming to my blog. I can't wait to read more from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely story--the blogging community is the best!

    ReplyDelete