-->

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

KY Intimacy Experiment - Day 1

So, if you didn't see my last post, my husband and I began the KY Intimacy Experiment!  It's Day 1 and we are just getting started!

Day 1 Exercise: Make your bedroom and oasis!

The first day of the experiment was to focus on the bedroom.  Piles of laundry on the floor?  Kids toys?  Pets in the bed?  Book or remote within reach?  All of these things are distractions.  It's hard to get in the mood when you are looking at a pile of laundry that needs to be folded and put away.  Or if you have to shoo Rover off the bed to make room.  KY suggests clearing your bedroom of anything that doesn't revolve around sleep and/or passion.  Get the TV outta there, or at least hide the remote!  Don't worry, Conan will still be on the DVR for later... :) Ellen's new book you can't wait to read?  Shelf it for a bit.  It'll be there even when your relationship is rockin!

I hate to admit that this was my bedroom before:


Yikes!  Notice the laundry.  The books.  Remotes.  Empty water bottles that needed to be tossed.  My bedroom was more  like a dumping ground, than an oasis.  All the things that KY experts say puts a damper on your mood.

And here's my bedroom after:


I cleared everything out, cleaned it up, and added a few touches to spice it up.  A massage candle by the bedside.  Fresh, clean sheets and blankets.  No laundry.  No toys.  No clutter.  Just a clean, calm space that I can fully relax in!  KY also suggest painting or decorating in cool, calming colors like blues and greens.  But also adding touches of red and pink to get your senses awake.  I don't have a budget to spend on extras like that, but I did pull out my red undies for the occasion!

I'm not going to go into details (trying to keep it clean), but I must say that when your environment is clear of clutter, your brain can be clear of clutter too.  Hubs and I were able to chill and relax, and not worry about the stuff that needed to be done!  Our minds were fully focused on the task at hand! :)

Great ideas KY

Stay tuned for Day 2 of the KY Intimacy Experiment!


----------------------


If you'd like to give the experiment a try for yourself, you can download the PDF of the program for FREE right here!  Or check out the KY Facebook Page for more info.

I was sent the Intimacy Experiment Kit from KY free of charge.  I am not being compensated for my time.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment