-->

Friday, October 14, 2011

KY Intimacy Experiment - Day 3

Day 3 Exercise: Remember what it was like in the beginning!

Day 3 of the experiment is about getting back to the root of what brought you together in the first place.  We were to make lists of what attracted us to each other in the beginning.  What was it that made things so hot and steamy.  And where did that go?

Making the lists was a bit tough.  And hearing his list was even tougher.  It's hard to hear the things that used to attract you to each other, qualities that maybe you don't have after 16 years.  We found that instead of saying "I used to love this about you, but not anymore.", we would say, "I used to love this about you, but now I love this even more!"  It was a much better experience that way.

The exercise for Night 3 was a little intimidating.  We were to meet for the first time.  Yep, you read right.  We headed out to a local restaurant/bar separately.  We had even dressed in clothes that we considered our "fishing for dates" outfits!  Dressing up made me feel more confident and sexier than I would've in my jeans and sweatshirt I would've worn if we had just gone out for dinner! :)


We sat separately - me at a table, him at the bar.  Then we pretended to see each other for the first time and decide how we would "pick each other up" as if we didn't know each other.  It was very scary for me!  I met my husband when I was 15, so I don't have experience picking up guys in bars!  We met in a grocery store!  Same goes for him, so it was a little awkward, even though we knew we were pretending.  He came over to my table and asked if he could sit down.  He bought me a drink.  We chit-chatted a bit, and then ended up having dinner together.  It was fun to pretend not to know each other.  To hear us talk about ourselves like we don't know the answers to the questions already.  My husband was on the ball that night, and I can say for certain that even if I didn't know him, he still could've picked me up!  He was such a charmer!  I won't say where things went from there, but I'll just say that the babysitter had to stay a little bit later than expected! ;)

I fully approve this challenge!  It was a great way to see what it was that attracted you to each other in the first place.  And it was fun to pretend it was the first time all over again!

Stay tuned for Day 4 of the KY Intimacy Experiment!

----------------------

If you'd like to give the experiment a try for yourself, you can download the PDF of the program for FREE right here!  Or check out the KY Facebook Page for more info.

I was sent the Intimacy Experiment Kit from KY free of charge.  I am not being compensated for my time.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment