-->

Saturday, October 15, 2011

KY Intimacy Experiment - Day 4

Day 4 Exercise: Too comfortable with each other?

Do you leave the bathroom door open?  Leave dirty socks on the floor?  Clip your toenails in front of your partner?  Maybe wax your mustache in front of them too?


We are all guilty of getting comfortable in a relationship.  Maybe too comfortable!  Day 4 challenge was to make lists of some of the things that we do in front of our partner, that we would've NEVER done in the first weeks or months of our relationship.  It was a bit funny to think of how I'd never eat in front of him because I didn't want him to think I was a pig.  I'd starve all night long, saying I ate beforehand.  Then I'd go home at the end of the night a stuff my face!  Oh the crazy things we do because we think someone will like us more! 

Night 4 of the experiment was SUPER tough!  Sometimes we get a bit too comfortable in our relationship.  Other times, we may get more skittish.  For instance, since we've met, I've had two kids.  I smoked, quit smoking, smoked, quit smoking, gained weight, lost weight, gained weight, lost weight - you get the picture.  My body isn't what it once was.  And I get self conscious about it, as do a lot of couples as they get older.  Night 4 was about getting comfortable in your own skin.  Literally!  It was babysitter time again, this time at a neighbors.  The challenge was to strip down.  Yep, all the way down.  Then go about our business together, without clothes!  We ate dinner.  We folded a load of laundry.  And then we sat down for a little TV.


Once you get past being self conscious, you get more and more comfortable just being together that way.  And I'm telling you, it is hard to get anything done when you are in your birthday suit!  We were easily distracted (if you know what I mean!)!


This exercise gets 4 thumbs up from us!  Get naked people!  It's for a good cause!

Stay tuned for Day 5 of the KY Intimacy Experiment!

----------------------

If you'd like to give the experiment a try for yourself, you can download the PDF of the program for FREE right here!  Or check out the KY Facebook Page for more info.

I was sent the Intimacy Experiment Kit from KY free of charge.  I am not being compensated for my time.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment