-->

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Money tight this holiday season? flipflop Wines fits any budget!


flipflop philosophy~~~~


"People have a personal attachment to their favorite pair of flip flops, their favorite food, and to their favorite wine style. We crafted seven different varieties that allow each wine lover to discover their favorite. That's the spirit of our philosophy - 'to each, their own.'"


flipflop wines are flavorful, diverse, incredibly priced, and socially conscious! Their wines come in a wide variety from Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio, to Moscato and Sweet Red! And their prices are incredible. All wines are only $7.00 per bottle! That fits into almost any budget, even during the holidays!

But best of all, flipflop wines are socially conscious. In 2011, they have partnered with Souls4Souls to provide footwear to barefooted children around the world! Check out Souls4Souls site for more info on all of their humanitarian efforts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to the generosity of flipflop wines, I was sent 3 different wines to try out. First up was the Cabernet Sauvignon.


Tastes like: Full-bodies, Cabernet Sauvignon with blackberry fruit, dark cherries, and a long lingering finish
It is full of: Black pepper notes and berry aromas
Eat with: New York Strip steak, spinach ravioli or Portobello mushrooms

The first word that comes to mind for the Cabernet Sauvignon - crisp! It is solid and sweet, but a bit tart as well. A nice blend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up, Merlot.


Tastes like: Medium-bodies, silky Merlot with plum and mocha notes, soft tannins and a balanced, luscious finish
It is full of: Jammy aromas and soft tannins
Eat with: Texas chili, black & blue sliders or cheddar cheese broccoli

This one was very sweet, and light. I enjoyed it with a big 'ol juicy burger! I don't normally drink wine with my burger, but it was a very nice accompaniment. Later I added a few pieces of frozen pineapples. It added a bit of sour to the sweet and was perfect! Yum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And last but not least, good old reliable Chardonnay!


Tastes like: Medium-bodied, Chardonnay with pineapple, soft vanilla and a long lingering finish
It is full of: Creamy, toasted oak notes
Eat with: Wood-fired Neapolitan pizza, mac & cheese, or a chicken Ceaser salad

This one was just what I expected. Nice and light, fruity, perfect with light meals. I added it to our vegetarian night and it paired perfectly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can purchase online at Underdog Wine & Spirits.

Thanks again to flipflop wines for providing me with the wine to review!

Check out my review of flipflop's Riesling, Pinot Grigio, and Pinot Noir.

I was contacted to give flipflop wines a try, and was sent 3 bottles, free of charge, to facilitate the review.  All opinions are my own and I was not influenced in any way for my review. Please see my complete Disclosure/Acknowledgement Policy HERE.

1 comment:

  1. LOL before I scrolled down and saw the wine bottles, I thought flipflop wines was just the name of flipflops and thought it was strange you were talking about their taste! Thank you. I will be sharing :)

    ReplyDelete